What Does Climate Capital Do?
Climate Capital provides a range of project services from origination and development to commissioning to financial and strategic investors.
At the centre of our services is a clear focus on unlocking project value at each stage of development. We achieve this with our key competencies:
- Engineering and development capability
- Asset management
- Debt and equity capital markets
- Financial and risk advisory
- Network connections
Our skills and capability can be employed at any stage of the project lifecycle to complement existing, “in-house” client resources.
We have access to greenfield renewable energy projects which we seek to develop in conjunction with strategic investors and led by our internal engineering, procurement and construction [“EPC”] management capability.
Climate Capital provides a range of project services from origination through to development and operation to project investors and developers.
Climate Capital has a network of domestic and international financial and strategic investors to assist project developers in meeting their funding requirements.
We provide a range of corporate advisory services to our clients typically focusing on buy-and-sell-side M&A support. Our corporate advisory services include technical and economic due diligence, refinancing support, project risk assessments, project business casing and asset valuations.
How Do We Do It?
Our team has extensive hands-on experience across every point in the renewable energy supply including:
- Development of over 1,000MW of renewable generation projects
- End-to-end project development experience from origination to operation
- Engineering, procurement and contract management and tendering experience
- Transmission and distribution network experience including economic modelling, asset management and procurement
- Regular on-going unlisted infrastructure valuation of over AU$1 billion worth of domestic energy assets
- Transaction advisory services, including debt and equit
- Sector-specific operations and maintenance and asset management services and refinancing experience.
Services to Clients:
- Project origination and identification
- Project economic feasibility studies
- Project site assessment including site and network access
- Resource assessment and validation
- Risk management strategies
- Project design
- Land access negotiation support » Market entry strategy
- Project planning support
- Project development approval support
- Technical and geotechnical due diligence
- Project risk assessment to support acquisitions
- PPA negotiation support
- Risk management strategies
- Transmission study and access support
- Project finance support (debt and equity)
- Construction budget and scheduling
- EPC management
- Owner’s engineer services
- Project commissioning oversight
- Project exit and equity sell-down (sell-side M&A)
- O&M management
- Asset management and investor relations
- Debt refinancing support
- Ongoing asset valuation for compliance purposes
- Operators, developers and kit manufacturers seeking joint-venture arrangements on new and existing projects
- Investor groups seeking resource validation, project assessment and feasibility studies to support acquisitions or developments
- Existing generators seeking support on PPA negotiation
- Domestic institutional investors seeking to acquire, develop and/or operate projects
- Greenfield investors seeking to participate in early-stage developments
- Strategic investors seeking to exit development projects once seasoned and operational
Research & Analysis
View our latest updates on market research, insights and analysis reports.
Who We Are
Climate Capital is a developer and advisor specialising in renewable energy generation development and investment.
Climate Capital provides an end-to-end offering to renewable energy investors from its experienced team of project developers, economic and corporate finance advisors and asset managers.
Our skills and experience come from lessons learned on the ground, having developed over 1,000MW of renewable energy projects in Australia, and we now seek to share the benefit of that experience with our clients.
We offer our clients a local focus with global reach, through our joint venture with Shanghai Electric Power Design Institute, a subsidiary of Power China, and relationships with inbound investors and suppliers.
Climate Capital is a member of the Peloton Global group of companies which includes Value Adviser Associates, China United Assets Appraisal Group (Australia), VAA Hong Kong and Peloton Property Development.
Technical assessment and due diligence
Risk management, environmental compliance and planning
Value analytics and risk management
Project origination and development
Networks and integration
O&M and asset management
Regulation and network connection
Contact Climate Capital
Climate Capital is a member of the Peloton Global Group of Companies